The IEEE Italy Section together with its Chapters and WIE Affinity Group, is pleased to announce the winners of the IEEE Italy Section ABB Awards 2018 for the best Master Degree and PhD Thesis on the new technological challenges in energy and industry.
The award, sponsored by ABB, achieved resounding success. 54 candidates, belonging to 21 Italian universities, participated to the contest, presenting works on a large spectrum of topics: microgrid and smart grid, renewable energy sources, robotics, cyber security, and many others.
“The presented thesis excel from both the scientific and technical point of views,“ declared Sara Foresti, chair of the experts committee for the evaluation, “this points out, once again, the good level of the Italian research institutions.”
The winners are:
Master Thesis Award
- Sara Chiriatti, Università di Bologna, “Implementazione di un modello stocastico per la simulazione di una microrete con tecnologia vehicle to grid” – Women In engineering Award
- Giacomo Piero Schiapparelli, Università di Genova, “Quantification of primary frequency control provision from battery energy storage systems connected to active distribution networks”
- Luca Tessero, Università di Trento, “A LoRa Wireless Sensor Network for Industry 4.0 Applications”
PhD Thesis Award
- Stefania Collura, Università di Palermo, “Controllo della conversione dell’energia elettrica in microreti intelligenti” – Women in Engineering Award
- Morris Antonello, Università di Padova, “Semantic Models of Scenes and Objects for Service and Industrial Robotics”
- Michele Cucuzzella, Università di Pavia, “Design and Analysis of Sliding Mode Control Algorithms for Power Networks”
Awards will be presented at the fourth International Forum on Research and Technologies for Society and Industry (RTSI 2018), which will be held in Palermo, Italy, on September 12th, 2018.